Download the new firmware if you want to try it
Just copy the ROM file to a USB and insert it while the ST600 is turned on.
Here's the pre-release of the new firmware. It is version 187.
- Add Media link support for AVI and MKV.
- Fix reported playback issues with premium apps.
- Add LG Apps Store for:
: Hongkong / Singapore / India / Indonesia / Taiwan / Malaysia / Vietnam / Philippines
Release date: Sept. 30th
Note...current issues from my testing:
1. 1080p files stop and buffer frequently. The buffer icon pops up every 10 seconds.
2. The resolution listed when playing Media Link files is incorrect. It shows 1024x768 for all resolutions.
3. Sometimes Media Link screen shows servers that are not turned on. Refresh of server on PC fixes it.
4. Photos do not work. I can see thumbnails, but get error “The Request cannot be processed.”
5. .Sub and .idx subtitles do not work .SMI does work.
Beta software...Do not use if your ST600 is outside the 90 day warranty.
New 901 beta
Increased buffer memory - slightly.
Files will now buffer longer before they start playing.
Overlay that always said the res is 1024x768 was removed.
Supported subtitles = .SMI (CineCanvas, SAMI, Timed Text)
Photos issues are still being researched.